Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Cybersecurity Architecture team is directly responsible for designing and building secure capabilities and solutions to enable other Cybersecurity and IT groups to provide value in their areas.
As a Cybersecurity Architect you will be responsible for: Identifying and ensuring business requirements for cybersecurity are met; improving the security architecture capability. Developing and utilizing design patterns and reference architectures. Completing security design assessments while participating in mergers and acquisitions due diligence and integration processes and evaluate and track relevant emerging technologies and threat modeling.
In this role you will be part of a unique and industry leading Architecture Center of Excellence. You will be collaborating with and influencing other Banner departments and stakeholders to ensure that we are not only meeting the business requirements for cybersecurity, but also tackling and solving problems of IT and Banner. You can directly contribute to making healthcare easier for our patients, so that their lives can be better.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
This position is in Phoenix, Arizona with the option of working remotely
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for developing the architectural artifacts, models, patterns, and transition initiatives and activities ensuring strategic initiatives and goals are achievable, operationally efficient, technically sound, and accounted for from a cybersecurity perspective. In addition, ensures that the stakeholder cybersecurity requirements necessary to protect Banner's mission and business processes are adequately addressed in all aspects of enterprise architecture including reference models, segment and solution architectures, and the resulting systems supporting those missions and business processes. This position has responsibility for one or more areas in cybersecurity, including threat & vulnerability management, security operations, GRC, strategy. Acting as a contributing member of the cybersecurity architecture team and center of excellence in architecture, this role will develop architectural artifacts, roadmaps, and strategy documentation. This role will educate and influence key stakeholders throughout the enterprise, acting as an advocate and steward for our information assets. This position designs solutions to resolve complex and highly complex technical and business issues related to cybersecurity.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Analyzes the business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and/or redundancies from a cybersecurity risk perspective and recommend solutions for improvement.
2. In collaboration with a team of architects, develops and maintains cybersecurity capability documentation, targets cybersecurity architecture and partners with IT and the Business to develop architectures in support of strategic initiatives, goals, and industry trends.
3. Serves as a credible expert advisor to executives on the appropriateness of current and future technologies based on the highest level of TCO, ROI, strategic value to the business and cybersecurity risk.
4. Maintains in-depth knowledge of business strategies and goals as well as industry trends, regulatory requirements, and cybersecurity threats.
5. Develops and fosters relationships with business stakeholders and information technology management.
6. Advises functional leaders and executives making strategic investments in applications, databases, technologies, systems, services, or processes as a result of architectural development and cybersecurity risk assessment.
7. Operates as the company's highest level expert in the Cybersecurity Architecture discipline.
8. Ensures consistent adherence to standards for architectural artifact documentation and implementation.
9. Under general direction, this position is responsible for cybersecurity across multiple departments system-wide and requires interaction at all levels of staff, management and executive leadership. This position will report to the Cybersecurity Director, Security Architecture & Engineering, but will self-manage time based on goals and priorities set forth by leadership. This position will be accountable for the development of complex architecture documentation and presentations based on business and technical requirements, based on business, operational, and achievable goals. This position participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Four plus years technical project experience designing, developing, integrating, and implementing solutions to resolve complex technical and business issues preferred. Relevant technical/professional certification in two or more of the following areas within one year of entering the position Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), HealthCare Information Security & Privacy Practitioner, (HCISPP), CompTIA Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) - Engineering (ISSEP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), SANS GIAC, or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), SABSA Chartered Security Architect - Foundation (SCF), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) - Architecture (ISSAP), TOGAF 9 Foundation.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.