JOB SUMMARY: Provides technical services to analyze, design, and deliver clinical/business system and/or application solutions. Developing processes and procedures with in systems to support business stakeholders. Lends expertise to answer technical/application consulting questions, individually or as part of a project team. Serves as a subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures associated with enterprise applications. Responsible for making recommendations regarding policies associated with the job?s purpose and essential responsibilities. Routine decisions include those regarding systems implementation and interaction with systems across Community Health Choice systems / applications.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
Seven (7) years of experience analyzing, designing, and/or delivering clinical/business solutions (a degree maybe offset experience requirement - Bachelor degree = 4 years; Masters degree = additional 2 years)
2. Work Experience (Years and Area):
Three (3) years of experience in management of health insurance payor systems.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): N/A 4. Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Medical Terminology, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access 3. Advanced Education: Bachelor's Degree Major: Computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or other business or technology field.
Master's Degree Major: Computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or other business or technology field.
4. Work Schedule: Flexible
5. Other Requirements: Knowledge: Current business practices and computing systems and databases (SQL Server and MS Access). Proficiency in applying highly technical principals, demonstrated analytical, problem solving and research ability as evidenced by experience in the identification of business requirements and subsequent implementation of appropriate software configuration solutions to business problems. Knowledge of health insurance payor systems and processes preferred.
Skills: Requirements gathering, process mapping, group presentation, written and verbal communication, analytical, and organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to a stringent timeline. Ability to analyze the functionality of systems and their fit with specifications.
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.