Location: McCall, Idaho
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
St. Luke's Health System in McCall, ID is seeking a Facility Maint/Mechanic 3 to join our Factillity Maintenance and Mechanic team.
Unit/Position SummaryThe Facility Maintenance/Mechanic 3, works independently to perform routine work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment.
- Performs a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Troubleshoots and addresses basic repairs and maintenance.
- Interprets drawings, blueprints, schematics and diagrams for a variety of equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs and/or maintenance as needed.
- Understands and has knowledge of codes, standards, rules and regulations involved in assigned maintenance activities.
- Records maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- May be responsible for infectious waste removal and light carpentry duties.
- Coordinate third party vendor support. Collaborate with interdisciplinary departments.
- May be responsible for project management.
- Assures compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state and local codes, regulations and requirements. Dispose of materials according to regulations.
- May prioritize, schedule, assign and coordinate the work of assigned staff to accomplish a wide variety of duties related to the building trades.
- Serves as a trainer, lead or subject matter expert. Acts as first point of escalation. May participate in interview, training and onboarding process. May participate in performance improvement initiatives as needed.
- Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 4 years relevant experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver's License
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
McCall is a scenic mountain town located in central Idaho, just two hours north of Boise. This small town of fewer than 3,000 year-round residents provides all the best in mountain living with fresh air, breathtaking vistas, and recreation opportunities right out your front door. Originally a logging community, McCall is now known for its Winter Carnival, extended winters and one of the highest average snowfalls in the state. It's a great place to live and work, and St. Luke's is proud to be part of this close-knit, friendly community.
Learn more about what McCall has to offer you:
Payette Lake | Ski at Brundage | Ponderosa State Park | McCall Winter Carnival | McCall Golf | Hot Springs
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.