Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
We are excited to recruit an Executive Assistant to support both our SVP, Real Estate Development and Facilities Management and Chief of Staff, Facilities Management. This is a highly visible role for a top-tier professional who thrives in a collaborative, high-touch, and evolving environment. This role is expected to interact with departments across MSK, senior leadership, and external to MSK industry contacts. The candidate must be an individual with proven administrative and leadership support experience who is confident in connecting the dots
- Manage time commitments by planning and scheduling meetings, calls, and travel events
- Protect SVP's daily calendar from unnecessary and conflicting demands by prioritizing requests, recommending alternative options, and determining necessity of attendance
- Arrange travel needs and process expenses
- Assist with planning and logistics support for meetings (e.g. internal staff meetings and Board meetings)
- Prepare agendas, status reports, and other documents
- Participate in meetings and prepare minutes
- Act as a liaison for e-mail requests, prioritize and sort the emails, and respond where appropriate
- Complete projects and work with the senior leadership team as assigned
- Represent the Facilities organization in a positive light
- Willing to take action and eager to accept new opportunities and prioritize challenging situations with high energy, and enthusiasm
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with shifting demands
- Organized and can simultaneously balance multiple priorities
- Able to operate effectively and independently, even when things are not clear, or the way forward is not obvious
- Able to maintain discretion and confidentiality when handling C-Level matters
- 7+ years of multifaceted administrative support experience, including support to one or more C-suite executives in a large organization
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact across all levels in a confident, professional manner
- Able to anticipate needs and navigate potential solutions to blockers
- Outstanding attention to detail - flexible, adaptable, and reliable
- Proven success collaborating with leadership in previous executive support roles
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and other collaboration tools including: Word, Outlook, Teams and Zoom
- Curiosity about Facilities management and enthusiasm for MSK's mission
- Great follow-through skills and judgment
Please note this role is primarily on-site 3-5 days per week and requires flexibility to be at 633 Third Ave and other MSK locations across NYC.
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.