Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
The Director, Facilities administrates the daily operations of the engineering, maintenance and repair functions for buildings, equipment and systems for Westchester Medical Center Health Network. Responsibilities include the implementation of policies and standards and processes to ensure compliance with multiple local, state and national regulatory standards and the management of vendor contract development and fulfillment.
- Participates with senior leadership in developing the strategic plan for the Facilities department and oversees the implementation related to the engineering and building maintenance functions. Develops and oversees the implementation of the policies and procedures for the Facilities Management department, ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Implements processes to meet DNV, fire, utilities and hazardous materials safety standards; maintains documentation and fulfills testing requirements.
- Coordinates required environmental and other permitting reports.
- Directs the implementation and evaluation of maintenance management programs for buildings, equipment, utilities and the grounds.
- Develops and implements an energy management program to promote energy conservation and maximize utility rebates.
- Negotiates, establishes, implements and maintains vendor contracts for equipment utilization and repair; contracts with external agencies for independent contractors.
- Conducts needs analyses and makes recommendations for equipment repairs, replacements, upgrades, or capacity additions.
- Organizes the relocation of other departments and services within the Hospital's facilities.
- Collaborates with department heads for individual department facility needs and resolution of issues related to the engineering and maintenance services.
- Authorizes purchases and the use of supplies and equipment in conformity with established contracts.
- Conducts trend analyses and prepares reports for utilization, costs efficiencies and regulatory compliance.
- Assists in the development of contingency plans to address emergency situations.
- Implements policies, practices and standards for assigned areas that comply with Medical Center policies and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors and evaluates quality improvement activities for the grants area and collaborates with other departments for quality improvement initiatives.
- Prepares department's operating and capital budget in conjunction with senior leadership. Assists with monitoring department's budgets and expense.
- Oversees the management appropriate[KA1] levels of staff recruitment, performance, training and development for department staff.
- Collaborates with Information Systems staff to maintain current systems and plans for existing system upgrades to enhance productivity and efficiency of the operating system.
- Promotes and provides quality customer service and proactively identifies and resolves customer issues.
- Assures all protocols, policies and procedures are in compliance with the Medical Center's policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreements, the Det Norske Veritas (DNV), New York State Health Department, and all other applicable regulatory bodies.
5-8 years of progressive experience in facilities management, including three years in a supervisory role in a hospital/healthcare facility, required.
High School diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field preferred.[KA1]Removed "of the Human Resource functions for the department staff. Assures"
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.