Location: Boise, Idaho
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
St. Luke's Health System in Boise, ID is seeking a Facility Maint/Mechanic 3 to join our Facility Maintenance and Mechanics team.
Unit/Position SummaryThe Facility Maintenance/Mechanic 3, under limited supervision, performs routine work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment.
- Performs a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Troubleshoots and addresses basic repairs and maintenance.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs and/or maintenance as needed.
- Maintain and apply codes, standards, rules and regulations involved in assigned maintenance activities.
- Records maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- May be responsible for infectious waste removal and light carpentry duties.
- Complies with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state and local codes, regulations and requirements. Dispose of materials according to regulations.
- Coordinate third party vendor support. Collaborate with interdisciplinary departments.
- References drawings, blueprints, schematics and diagrams for a variety of equipment.
- May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate group.
- Handles moderately complex issues using knowledge of procedures and policies. Refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 2 years relevant experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver's License
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.