Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls, ID is seeking a Facility Maint/Mechanic 2 to join our Facility Maintenance and Mechanics team.
Unit/Position SummaryThe Facility Maintenance/Mechanic 2, under limited supervision, performs routine work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment.
- Performs a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Troubleshoots and addresses basic repairs and maintenance.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs and/or maintenance as needed.
- Maintain and apply codes, standards, rules and regulations involved in assigned maintenance activities.
- Records maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- May be responsible for infectious waste removal and light carpentry duties.
- Complies with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state and local codes, regulations and requirements. Dispose of materials according to regulations.
- Coordinate third party vendor support. Collaborate with interdisciplinary departments.
- References drawings, blueprints, schematics and diagrams for a variety of equipment.
- May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate group.
- Handles moderately complex issues using knowledge of procedures and policies. Refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 2 years relevant experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver's License
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Located in Southern Idaho, just under two hours from Boise, Twin Falls offers four distinct seasons and is best known for Shoshone Falls - "Niagara of the West" - and bountiful outdoor adventures. Adventure seekers here can enjoy whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing and BASE jumping from Perrine Bridge. Twin Falls has a thriving agriculture-based economy, which powers its reputation as a preferred location for food science, production and processing companies. Local schools receive strong support from the community in both academics and sports, while also enriching the community's arts and culture scene. With a low crime rate, good schools and endless opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, you'll find Twin Falls is unhurried, unspoiled and unassuming.
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Twin Falls | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Twin Falls Parks and Rec | Twin Falls Golf Club | Farmer's Market | Pomerelle Ski Resort | Balanced Rock | City of Rocks | Thousand Springs | Magic Valley Symphony | Sawtooth National Forest
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.