Location: Warwick, New York
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing a variety of maintenance tasks including work on air conditioning, refrigeration, installing/repairing systems, motors, controls, etc. This position will also perform carpentry, plumbing, repair of hospital equipment and steam fitting as well as operating and maintaining the boilers. In addition, the Maintenance Mechanic troubleshoots issues within the facility and performs preventative maintenance to ensure maximum equipment efficiency.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks for all of the HVAC systems within the hospital.
- Completes all maintenance service requests, inspections and adjustments as assigned.
- Maintains inventory control measures and works within the expense limits that are established.
- Coordinates special projects as directed by Engineering/Facilities Supervisor and is available for 24-hour emergency maintenance services as scheduled.
- Assists in monitoring all work performed by outside contractors.
- Responds timely to pager/cell phone requests as required for on-call maintenance.
- Monitors and maintains all building systems as assigned.
- Completes grounds work as directed by Engineering/Facilities Supervisor.
- Alerts the Engineering/Facilities Supervisor of any unusual occurrence and/or damage at the facility.
- Follows safety standards in order to comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Repairs and maintains plant machinery and equipment such as mixers, conveyors, compressors, and pumps.
- Repairs or replaces control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, pushbuttons, contactors, motor starters, etc. as needed.
- Sets up and operates welders, drill press, grinder, hand tools and other metal working equipment.
- Fabricates and modifies new and existing equipment as needed.
- Participates in plant safety, health and environmental programs.
- Independently performs light bulb changes, caulking, filter changes, painting, lock repairs, window covering repairs, preventative maintenance, moderate plumbing repairs, moderate electrical repairs, electric bed repairs, vinyl repair, multi surface wall repairs and reconstructing tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 2 years healthcare experience preferred in maintenance/engineering. Highly experienced in HVAC Systems and mechanical repairs required. B.M.S. experience preferred. Must hold a current EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification, and a Class C; D.E.C. Underground Storage Tank certification is preferred. During emergent situations within any of the Bon Secours facilities, Technicians may be requested to assist with duties outside of their normal job functions. This job requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey's Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.