Location: Akron, Ohio
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician provides our on-campus Facilities with preventative, re-active and emergency maintenance on a routine basis.  The Facilities Maintenance Technician ensures that all facilities are maintained in a safe and effective manner.
- Adds value as a key member of the facilities maintenance team understands regulatory compliance, all forms of maintenance strategies and the key components of excellent customer service.
- Works in constant coordination with then entire Facilities Maintenance team as well as the Regional Facilities Maintenance team (on and off-campus) to provide service to our customers at both on and off-site locations.
- Completes and appropriately documents all work assigned to Facilities Maintenance crew.
- Provides continuous support to the Facilities Maintenance Operations Manager, Safety Team and the Facilities Director.
- Provides backup coverage to other Facilities Maintenance Technicians as needed or required.
- Provides staff and management updates when needed.
- Communicates Engineering/Maintenance issues to both internal and external hospital departments and contacts.
- Assists in the review, oversite and execution of projects to be performed by Facilities Maintenance Technicians and/or outside vendors.
- Works in coordination with the Planning, Design and Construction Staff and external contractors on an as-needed basis.
- Performs preventive and breakdown maintenance.
- Performs assigned Environment of Care inspections and routine regulatory physical checks such as exit/emergency light inspections, fire extinguishers inspections and generator runs as required and/ as assigned.
- Participates in on-going training and education as required and assigned.
- Follows and enforces Joint Commission and CMS regulations.
- Available for emergency on-call maintenance when needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in general commercial building maintenance is required.
- Light Carpentry, Finishing, Painting, Door Hardware, Locks/Keying, Signage
- Experience with commercial electrical systems.
- 120/208 Volt Required.
- 277/480 Volt Preferred.
- Experience with commercial plumbing systems.
- Must be able to assemble, install or repair pipes, fittings or fixtures of heating, water or drainage systems according to specification and applicable codes.
- Experience with commercial steam systems (up to 125#).
- Experience with commercial HVAC, and refrigeration.
- Must be able to work on compressors, motors, pumps, fans and controls.
- Ability to operate refrigerant recovery equipment, vacuum pumps and service gauges is preferred.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately troubleshoot a wide variety of mechanical equipment.
- Building Automation (BAS) experience.Must be able evaluate emergency situations and determine a safe and appropriate solution to issues as they arise.
- Experience with Lock-Out/Tag-Out is preferred.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience with building codes, NFPA, and life safety regulations is preferred.
- Experience in Joint Commission and CMS regulatory bodies is preferred.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written, is required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Strong ability to work both independently and as a valued team member is required.
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams are required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or similar software is required. High level of proficiency with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) and Building Automation software required.
Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Certification: Universal Refrigeration license preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum of 5 years is required.
- Valid driver's license is required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: